First Few Days in España!❤

Hey! I'm finally in Spain! I've actually been here for 3-4 days, can't remember how many exactly- it's that vacation brain :). Anyway, it has been a whirlwind, my apartment is absolutely adorable; one, it has 2 semi balconies which are perfect for people watching, two I have never lived in a real city and since we are so close to the street I get to experience city noises and people passing by and thirdly it's like an urban dream apartment! I get to climb 4 flights of stairs and get to open this really heavy wooden door, it's like being a city gal.

The first day I got here I was feeling VERY overwhelmed and severely homesick, however the next day my mom and I went out to explore and after having lunch I started to soften up- I even asked where the bathrooms were in Spanish! I know, I know something stupid but baby steps are the way. My mom and I have now shopped for groceries and are eating more at home, and honestly it makes it feel more like a home. Last night I came into the kitchen- which is adorable by the way- and there was a lovely meal in front of me, I could hear the city out the window and there was light, moist air coming in. It calmed me to have a dinner at home not only because it meant we were starting to settle in but also because I get very shy out in public. I am slowly thawing out, but even back home at the mall, I was shy -not nearly as much here though.

I've talked a couple of times to waiters and workers and honestly they were extremely nice and yet i wanted to burst into tears. Honestly, what is wrong with me. I'm literally LIVING IN SPAIN, who wouldn't kill to be in my position right now.  I am just going to need to put myself out there right? But how am I supposed to do that when I'm lacking confidence?

Ugh, no more of this depressing thinking, I know all of yall must want to know about the Spanish boys ;)) They are SUPER good looking and well dressed. I know not everyone is from Texas, but the boys in Texas either wear khakis and a vineyard vines shirt or nike shorts and t-shirt. Here the boys wear jeans and a nice-ish shirt with vans/converse. Of course, I don't really understand what they are saying but it is nice to look at them when crossing the street, lol.

Okay, it's really late here cause I'm not adjusted to the time yet so I gotta get going. Next entry I will probably talk about clothing/stores, me speaking Spanish and custom stuff they do here in Spain.

Chau!!!

Comments